Trick or Treat! Have big plans to take advantage of all of the opportunities the Halloween season represents? Sure, any savvy retailer knows that going with the seasonal flow is crucial to attract attention and get shoppers through the door – but are you an expert at actually executing this experiment?
Here is our list of the top 5 not-so-scary Halloween retail merchandising tactics:
1. Scary Static Displays. Keeping the same in-store displays month after month means no excitement for your customer. If the window displays or displays on the floor don’t change, your customers notice. Use Halloween as a chance to spruce up that signage or exhibit featured products with a creative window display. People like change – draw on that.
2. Sell Add-Ons – but be smart about it. Sure, a no-brainer, but you would be amazed at how many retailers skip this or make attempts that are not so savvy. Just lumping a bunch of products together in a display can actually get negative attention, especially if the connections are not being made. Be creative, but at the same time, be smart about it. Think hard about how things fit together – if they don’t, don’t force them.
3. Creepy Coverage. Does your store look like a ghost town when it comes to employees? Keep shelves stocked and don’t make customers hunt for help. If a customer gets frustrated by a lack of assistance, chances are usually pretty good that they will leave your store and head to a competitor’s. Don’t have extra staff on hand to handle extra flow? Get short-notice people support from a retail merchandising company.
4. Dirt Devil in Action. No matter what time of year it is, no one likes to shop in a dirty store, so make sure that decorations (if you choose to put them up) don’t make the store look messy or cluttered. Make sure that employees are cognizant of clean up.
5. Start Early. Ok, it is now October, so you should have these things rolled out – but if you don’t, take the time to get them up, and soon. Don’t let your competitors get a leg up. Need a hand implementing those changes (window displays, signage, Halloween planograms, etc.)? Get in touch with a company that can handle it all for you.
Sure Halloween is a fleeting holiday that is quickly replaced by the excitement over the upcoming holiday season, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t reap the benefits. Get your Halloween retail merchandising plan in place with these handy tips.
For more tips and tricks, please contact Storesupport today by calling 1-877-421-5081.